Monday 16 February 2015

Me on Monday - 16 Feb

This Monday is the first day of the half term break. So naturally I spent my first morning of the week off in Toys r Us 
There's a special little great nephew of mine about to turn 3 in a couple of weeks and he wants to have some 'big boy' Lego. None of your Duplo any more, he needs to get his hands on the real stuff. As I had given him a Spider-Man costume for Christmas, I was immediately drawn to the Super Hero section where I found Spider man himself in his car, ready to catch villains with his super powered web.
It's lovely to think I have a week to myself, although R has already reserved me for a day of decorating on Tuesday as her original plans to paint the whole downstairs of her new home and one of the bedrooms in one weekend didn't quite pan out.  The words 'I told you so' are very much on my lips!
Did you have a good weekend? Mine was a friends over for take away Indian Saturday night, which meant the afternoon was spent with a big push on the dusting and vacuuming to make the house tidy for visitors. It was also a day of getting all my Valentine postcard exchange cards on display - thank you to all who sent one to me.  All that Saturday afternoon housework meant it was a nice lazy Sunday, getting out my Friendship Quilt squares to plan how to put them together and finishing my book. The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain- what a page turner! There was also some good tv, The Casual Vacancy and Indian Summer, I can see them both becoming favourites.
Let's give a big wave to  Sian  who suggested we share our Me on Monday photos!

9 comments:

Sian said...

I'll be joining you in the toyshop some time this week as I shop for a Playmobil set for a certain small boy I know. A great way to celebrate half term!

I hope you get to do lots of half term type things this week. And have a bit of a rest too!

scrappyjacky said...

Isn't half term great.

helena said...

what a delight to be starting on the bigboy lego journey

Abi said...

Enjoy your half term! I'm sure the present will be a hit!
I am frankly very grumpy about half term because with a family of teachers, they are all at home enjoying a week off. no such thing at uni! Although we only have four weeks left of term so I can't complain at all!

Beverly said...

Oh! I can't wait to see what you are going to do with the quilt!!!

humel said...

Happy half term! Mine's been filled with catching-up-jobs and The-Tomboy's-friends-for-a-sleepover so far, but I'm hoping for some downtime too!

alexa said...

Those plans sound lovely - time for creating as well as relaxing. Oh gosh, toy shops - aren't they just a wonder of colour and shape! Hope you really enjoyed your visit.

Rachel Brett said...

It's a bit late but 'happy half term' hope you had a great week :)

Ruth said...

I think we are about done on the Lego front ~ I can hardly believe how much of it has been accumulating in our house over the last few years!
Blogger has been a wee bit temperamental over me commenting, so I hope you did indeed have a good half-term!