Monday 12 January 2015

Me on Monday - Jan 12

It was a bright and breezy weekend here. A weekend of long dog walks 
Blowing the cobwebs away. A weekend of catching up with friends who moved away, delicious meals at the local Thai restaurant, mother in law over for Sunday lunch, planning my next sewing project ....
And today? Well, today is catching up with chores after finishing my morning at work.  Monday was always laundry day when I was little, and it's the same here today 


My son obviously has a secret hiding place for worn clothes as I can empty the washing basket at the weekend and then when I walk past it on Monday, it is full of his clothes.  Where does he put them in between taking them off and putting them in to wash?  More to the point, does he hide it on purpose? Just as I think there is no more to be done ... Surprise!
It's a chilly day here today.  A day of comfort foods.  Leftover roast lamb to mince up and make into shepherds pie.  My favourite.  Do you have a favourite comfort food?  My guess is that if you are living in England, you're thinking about that comfort food today whilst keeping warm indoors because it's wild and wet outside!
 
Giving up a big wave to Sian, who introduced us to Me on Monday. 


8 comments:

helena said...

a happy dog running about is one of my favourite, guaranteed to make me smile, images - thank you

Sian said...

Shepherds Pie is a favourite of mine. We're having lasagne tonight..it better do some comforting, given all those calories!

Have a great week Deb

Sandra said...

Macaroni & cheese is my all time fav comfort food, but while we're on slimming world, I'm gibing it a miss for a while.

To see that blissful run brings a smile to the face. Life really would be better if we all thought "be more dog"

Sandie said...

I love the photos of your dog Debs, specially the one with the flapping ears. I can see that being a classic!
It's funny how dirty clothes suddenly appear by the bundle, so annoying when you think you are done. I guess it's like the Forth Bridge, no sooner do you finish than you start again! As for comfort food, homemade soup, stew with dumplings... Mmmmm.... I can think of a few actually!!
Have a good week.

scrappyjacky said...

The dog obviously likes wet and wild!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Funny, isn't it? It was laundry day when I was little and it's the day I do the most myself. Thank goodness it doesn't require standing at the sink for hours any more.

alexa said...

I could have written that penultimate paragraph but substituting 'Dad' for 'son'! Nice to see you in a photo - and hoping you are keeping warm in this wild weather.

Rachel Brett said...

I'm playing catch up with blog reading.... Lasagne is my favourite, with a large garlic bread! :)