Monday 28 July 2014

Let's sit and have a cup of tea in July

...and not just any old tea, let's try the cute little tea bag that Beverley sent me with my quilt 

I think that to get the true American experience and have one of the little Peach Buds she sent me too. They're so tasty and refreshing aren't they?  As you can see from the fact that there aren't too many left, I've already been trying these.  Isn't it lovely to try something different to what you can get in the local shops?



Excuse the piles of clothes waiting to be ironed.  It's just been so hot that I keep putting that chore off.  But I need to get all up to date before our holiday.  You'll notice that Coco is giving that empty suitcase on the landing the evil eye.  She knows that means that someone is going away, and she does not like any change to her routine.
Have you enjoyed this hot weather?  I keep wondering how long it will last.  All daytime dog walks are off limits until it cools down in the evenings.  School's broken up now and I am looking forward to a long break.  Although I know that by the time the end of August is here I will be moaning about it having flown by and how I wasted my long stretch of days off.  Apart from my forthcoming holiday to Lake Garda, we don't have anything else planned.  I quite like to have a whole day to fill as I please and I intend to really crack on with my next quilt.  I've done all of the 16 log cabin blocks I need and when I get back from Italy I can get on with the sashing.  What projects do you have on the go at the moment? 

Ah, that text message I've just received is from Jon telling me that he is on the train back from London.  He came back from Edinburgh for the weekend as he'd been shortlisted to take part in a mentoring scheme for aspiring authors.  I was excited to think he was home for the weekend but actually he's spent most of his time in London and not at home.  It's been lovely to share some time with you before I have to start cooking dinner for a family meal; we don't have long before he heads back to the airport - this was literally a flying visit - and I hope you'll be able to pop back again next month.

I'll see you later round at Abi's - who is hosting this monthly blog tea party.

7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I know just what you mean about wasting the break....and I have a list to complete....but we'll see how far I get with that!! Quilting is definately on there.

Abi said...

I'm excited to see that quilt Deb! I am working on two at the moment. One for my best friend which is very close to being finished and one for me which is a log cabin. It's a bit too hot to sew in this weather though!
I too like those peach sweets Bev sent. They are very moreish. I made the mistake of putting them on my desk and they have been eaten rather too quickly!

Sian said...

haha! I've just tripped over one of our suitcases which is going the other way, back to the attic.

The weather here has been mad by our usual standards. On the plus side, all the holiday washing has been quickly dried outside and that usually doesn't happen.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Oh yes, those Peach Buds were delicious. Never had anything else quite like them. We've got a few things pencilled in here and there, but not too much. Have a wonderful trip x

Beverly said...

Oh, yay, so glad I could supply the tea and sweets for today! I think a trip away and then many days of doing as you please sounds absolutely perfect. As you say it will fly by. Can't wait to see your creations.

Susanne said...

Lovely catching up. We're enjoying an unusually cool few weeks here, but still the ironing has stacked up.

Jane said...

I've never made a quilt but I'm starting to be tempted. Have a lovely holiday x