He never got to meet my dad as he had died the year before, but in memory of him we named him Jonathan, as Dad's middle name was John.
Life with J has been eventful to say the least, and I can't believe that my baby is now 23!
- This boy who was too shy to stand up in assembly at school can now stand in front of a conference of Trade Union members to deliver a speech
- This boy who was tearful at the thought of going on his first residential holiday with the school to the Isle of Wight went on to go out to Tanzania last summer - on his own - to do volunteer work in an African school.
- This boy who wanted to be a Power Ranger when he grew up is now working for a charity helping disabled/disadvantaged and autistic adults find employment and support them in the workplace.
- This boy who wanted to support Man U because his favourite Power Ranger was the red one and Man U play in red, was shown the error of his ways by his dad who convinced him that Spurs were the team to support!
- This boy who didn't even want to play the tamborine at school in concerts went on to play guitar, start his own band and perform in concerts
- This boy who had the greatest love of reading from about the age of five, still has a bookcase full of books and now writes articles himself for magazines
- This boy managed to embarrass me completely when being found fast asleep in a field having drunk too much cider at a music concert in town. The St John's Ambulance person who rang me to collect him was also an invigilator at the school in which I work
- This boy who was so squeamish at the sight of blood managed to slice off the whole underside of his big toe whilst playing barefoot football. 3 days before he was due to go out to Spain on holiday with a group of friends.
- This boy holds a very special place in my heart. That's one thing that will never change!